Purpose of Blog: Unknown, Unimportant. Shut up & Read.

Who am I?

My photo
I'm no fun but you'll still want to be my friend.

Thursday, April 24, 2008

I have some dirt on my shoulder, would you brush it off for me?

I will make an effort not to solely update this "blog" when I'm feeling stressed/angry/crazy. I think my livejournal depicts me as some sort of psychopath, so I've put all those entries to rest on the private setting. 

Anyway, today at the gym I re-discovered my profound love for Jay-Z. I may not fit the stereotypical jigga fan criteria, but boy, do I love him. The cleverness and blatant narcissism of his rhymes never fail to impress me. I mean, have you listened to "Moment of Clarity" off of his Black Album? Sheer genius

"I dumb down for my audience
And double my dollas
They criticize me for it
Yet they all yell "Holla"
If skills sold
Truth be told
I'd probably be
Lyrically
Talib Kweli"

Never gets old for me. I've been hitting the gym pretty rigorously for the past few weeks, a few too many mallorca sweet breads, toffee nut soy lattes, and old fashioned chocolate donuts have had me feeling overly jolly. I'm exhausted, I have butt loads of work to finish, I need to sign up for next semester, and I think I'm going to New York by myself for a few days. This excites me greatly. I feel like I'm moving forward, this semester had me really freaked out. I felt lost and scared. But I kick ass and take names (no seriously, I write them on cups all day), so things should be alright. I may even be getting a second job, one with considerably good pay. Here's hopin'.

2 comments:

ryan said...

hey blogging friend.

Floral Arrangement said...

hey yourself, bloggerine.

Archive

Blogs on My Mind